Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Types of Contact Lenses and other Contact Lens topics.
It is true soft contacts are beneficial in many situations but they are not recommended for everyone. The following situations are just a few examples of when even soft contact lenses may not be recommended:
• Those who work in an environment where they are exposed to chemicals which may adhere to the contacts
• Those with Sjogren's syndrome which includes symptoms of chronic dry eyes
• Those with arthritis who would have difficulty handling, cleaning and inserting the contacts
• Those with medical conditions such as diabetes, allergies or asthma which may make wearing contacts uncomfortable
• Those who are not willing to expend the energy to care for their soft contact lenses properly