Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Common Contact Lens Problems and other Contact Lens topics.
It is possible for individuals to be allergic to the materials used in creating contact lenses, but this is very rare. Most of the polymers used in modern contact lenses are inert in nature, meaning they are unlikely to produce an allergic reaction. The solutions used to clean contact lenses are more likely to cause an allergic reaction. In either case, an eye care provider should be contacted to determine if there is an actual allergy and determine the necessary steps to avoid future allergic reactions. In most cases switching the type of lens or cleaning solution will alleviate the allergy.