Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Common Contact Lens Problems and other Contact Lens topics.
There are a variety of problems that can result from wearing contact lenses. Dry eyes, discomfort and infection are just a few examples of these problems. There are a number of steps which can be taken to avoid the potential for problems resulting from wearing contact lenses. These steps are:
• Visit an eye care practitioner for a thorough exam
• Have a fitting from a qualified practitioner
• Attend all required follow up visits
• Follow the recommended regimen for cleaning and storage prescribed by the eye care professional
• Replace disposable lenses as prescribed
• Wash and dry hands thoroughly before handling lenses